The Lakeside Festival is a community event and presents an eclectic mix of music, markets and food from the Mid-North Coast. The festival is now in its 9th year. Our aim is to provide an entertaining, safe and happy environment for all patrons, performers and the local community. Festival volunteers play a vital role in helping us to achieve this.
Festival volunteers are also afforded a wonderful opportunity to meet and work with new people, to share in the festival excitement and to give back to the local community in a rewarding way. It is important for you to know that the festival would not exist without support from our dedicated volunteers. Thank you in advance for the contribution of time and energy that you are offering!
Volunteering for the Lakeside Festival provides many benefits including:
- meeting new people and social interaction.
- an opportunity to be part of the Lakeside Festival team and contribute to the ongoing development and success of this important community event.
- enjoying great music and engaging with the local community.
The Lakeside Festival will:
- provide each volunteer with a site induction and a safe and happy workplace.
- ensure volunteers have fun and meet people.
- provide insurance coverage for you whilst you are acting as a Lakeside Festival Volunteer.
- respect volunteers as valuable team members; welcome and value volunteer feedback.
- reserve the right to select volunteers and to assign duties as appropriate.
In return we ask that volunteers:
- are over the age of 16 years at the festival.
- are reliable and arrive on time and carry out allocated duties.
- work safely and adhere to the safety principles of the festival, in particular wear appropriate clothing and footwear for allocated duties.
- work positively as part of the festival team and ask for help if it is needed.
- must not use, possess or be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs at any time while volunteering or on the festival site.
- must not verbally harass or abuse any person or use foul language.
- immediately notify the Volunteer Coordinator or Team Leader if unable to attend any shift.
- respect confidentiality.
- uphold the standards and values of the festival.